Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What I really want for Christmas

So it is that time of year again. The time where everyone wants a Christmas list from you and all the great ideas you have had for the past 11 months that you thought about writing down but didn't have completely escaped your mind. So I have come up with a few things; a new sweater, a watch (I don't have a single one that still works), a few replacement sets of earrings for those I (read my kids) lost down the drain, all the usual suspects. But as I thought about it her is my REAL wish list:

Dear Santa,
For Christmas this year I would like........
1. An 8 foot fake tree. One that looks real but doesn't need water, or to be cleaned up after each day as the needles fall, or that makes my allergies crazy. And yes I would like little white lights superglued on, perfectly spaced so that all I have to do is roll it out each December.
( I know it is a little bah humbug but this is my list.)
2. One Saturday morning each month when I get to sleep in as late as I like.
3. My kids to like vegetables and want to eat with silverware.
4. Jake to be spontaneously potty trained.
5. Self cleaning toilets and showers
6. A house broken pug puppy (this is fantasy after all)
7. One week of fresh snow on the mountain, sunshine and a baby sitter.
Thank you for your consideration
Kate

4 comments:

Liz said...

There are only 2 words that come to mind after reading your list . . .

AMEN SISTER!

Amy Antonelli said...

Kate, you are hilarious. I love this post. :) amy

smarkuci said...

I'll write in to Santa about Jake's potty training if you do the same for G & K. Pleeeeeeease!?! (And take it from me, this is our first fake Christmas tree year, complete with lights and pine cones and it's GREAT!!!) ---SM

Rachel said...

haha i like your list - that's funny - and the quotes on the side of our page from the kids - absolutely hilarious - gabby is so smart!